Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Showing Off, September Minis




So I have been doing quite a bit of character miniatures recently.  Mostly touching up old paint jobs or finishing mostly finished pieces.  I'm very proud of the work I have done on them, I just thought I'd share it with you.


First up is Reaper's Marius Burrowell, Gnome Thief.  I painted him as a Gnomish Sharpshooter.  The Monocle screamed sharpshooter to me, and I listened.  This was an old paint job of mine from almost 3 years back.  I touched him up.  He was painted in a bit of a rush before.  He looks much more stunning now!



Next up is my viking princess, Reaper's Aina the Valkyrie.  I love this miniature.  Anyone who knows me would understand.  I painted her in my favorite color combinations.  Greens and Golds.  It just makes me think of money I think.  Then I'm reminded that I don't have any...   Anywho, this is a miniature that has been almost finished for about 2 or 3 months now.  That doesn't often happen to me.  When you paint as fast as me, there is no reason not to finish the damn spear!  Alas, when I picked her up again I also gave her some touch ups.



Last up is our weaselly friend, Toreth painted as fancy elf fighter.  Look how fancy..  Mr. Fancy-Pants he is.  Toreth comes from Reaper's discontinued P-65 line of miniatures.  It's a fine miniature and the modeler made it very easy to paint him.  When painting his eyes,  I messed up and gave him a lazy eye.  I ended up fixing the other eye to match the lazy eye.  This gave Toreth Fancy-Pants character.  



Did I mention how broke I am?  Well you can buy all these miniatures and others on Ebay! I would like to start building terrain and buildings from plaster molds.  Unfortunately that cost's money.  When I flip some mini's, I can't wait to start that project up.


No comments:

Post a Comment