Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Flocking a Miniature with Ashen Land



If you paint miniatures and you don't flock about, you are half assing it.  Flock is relatively cheap.  There is usually a reasonable upfront cost, but you can flock a mini for pennies when you've aquired some.  There is no reason to not flock for flocks sake!

If you haven't noticed, I have OCD.  Not in a bad way really.  I like to put things in order.  sometimes by category.  For example, I would prefer that ALL of my undead miniatures have a similar basing/flocking scheme.  It just looks better when I'm draining the will to live from the heroic PC types.  For that particular scheme I chose an Ashen Land, which is basically grassy land with ash on it.  Yea, I'm that good at naming things.

Below here is a special episode of MiniGrinder Paints Live!, where I show how I flock it up!  Here's what you'll need:

  • A strong conviction to do more with your life!
  • Grass, Ash and Snow Flock
  • Get yourself some Gorilla Glue.  I have both the blue (original) and green (gel) top.
  • uh...  a miniature, preferably based, painted and sealed....



No comments:

Post a Comment